Since its inception in 2011, HPLF has raised over $1,000,000 for the Library renovation and expansion, and other Library projects. HPLF has achieved this fundraising primarily through four programs:
1) Naming Opportunities
- A Naming Opportunity allows individuals, families and businesses the opportunity to affix their name to a permanent piece of our Library via an individual plaque
- Naming Opportunities available with a gift of $2,500 or greater
- $450,000 raised in Naming Opportunity gifts
- Limited Naming Opportunities remain
2) 1000 Homes for Hopkinton Library
- 1000 Homes for Hopkinton Library is a unique program honoring Hopkinton residents of the past and present, and the Town’s long tradition of supporting our Library
- Nearly $700,000 raised in pledges and contributions including Naming Opportunity gifts
- 320 individuals, families and local businesses joined 1000 Homes by giving or pledging $1000 (or more) to the Library project
- 1000 Homes members recognized on collective plaque in our new Library
3) Marathon Fundraising
- Since 2012, over $100,000 raised by Boston Marathon runners for HPLF
4) Event Fundraising
- Over $300,000 raised through event fundraising since 2012
- HPLF held the following events: Touch-A-Truck (7 years), Princess Tea (5 years), Hop-toberfest (4 years), Pink Drink Night (3 years), Mini Golf (2 years), Heritage Quilt, and Grand Opening Gala.
In addition to providing the Town with $1 million toward the cost of the Library project, HPLF has contributed funds for a Lucky Day Book collection (2019), the Heritage Quilt frame (2020), a 3D Printer (2020), and the Library’s Strategic Planning process (2020-2021).
HPLF and its generous volunteers have given more than 20,000 volunteer hours to build a new Library for the Town of Hopkinton.